For the first time in 14 years, I'm not in the trenches launching a new school year because I am on sabbatical working on my dissertation and a second master's degree. However, my mind, heart, and friends are all launching the new school year and I can't help but share some thinking with you about launching the new school year.
As an administrator, there are things teachers are dying to know right now (and some things they may prefer not to know, but deep down crave). Here's my starting list:
Teachers Need to Know.... from Their Principal as the New School Year Starts:
There are so many more things that are needed to be shared now. What would you add to the list?
By: Rachel Amstutz
Inspiring education reform, supporting school leaders, leading innovation, committed to all things education.
It’s the beginning of August and likely one of the last things you are thinking about is your child’s math education.
We interrupt this lovely summer day to share some facts with you:
Now that we have your attention--- we have one important question for you: Is your child ready to return to math class in the fall?
We are here to help! We will:
1) Determine your child’s current level of performance, strengths, and challenges and provide you with a detailed summary and consultation free of charge. Simply contact us using the contact information below to schedule a free diagnostic session.
2) Provide individualized programming to help your child plug any gaps that may exist, develop fluency with multiplication facts, shore up grade level expected skills, and gain confidence.
The Summer Math Intensive programs were created to solve these challenges, boost math confidence, and solidify math content, skills, and fluency before students return to school in the fall. Our target audience is rising 4th, 5th, and 6th graders (however, interest in a 7th grade program has been expressed and we are seeking students for it). Our Summer Math Intensive offers two pathways: Fluency and Core Content. Fluency will teach your child the strategies to become completely fluent and automatic with their multiplication facts 0-12. With many years of teaching middle schoolers under our belts, we can tell you with confidence that most middle schoolers are not fluent with their facts. This results in frustration and wrong answers on content such as area, geometry, and all problem solving. It’s time to help your child stop drawing millions of dots or using hashmarks to access information that should be stored in their long term memory and we can do that with them! Core Content focuses on the grade level core content your child should know well and shores up any missing areas or misconceptions. Our diagnostic allows us to know your child’s needs and to plan accordingly.
- August 2-6 Summer Math Intensive Fluency
- August 9-20 Summer Math Intensive Core Content
For more information:
- To learn more, register, and find discount codes https://www.atozeducationconsulting.org/summer-math-intensive.html
- Read about the instructors and the Summer Math Intensive in the Severna Park Voice: https://www.severnaparkvoice.com/stories/passionate-educators-address-math-fluency-gap,34345
- Email us: AtoZeducationconsulting@gmail.org
- Follow us and message us on Facebook: facebook.com/AtoZeducationconsulting
Passionate about ALL things education. Focused on school improvement and leadership development. With 20 years experience, over a decade as a school principal, and also a Senior Adjunct Professor at a School of Education, I am committed to supporting schools, school leaders, innovation, and growth that enhances the educational experiences provided to students and families.